CHARLIE Curnow has been rewarded for some impressive form by becoming Carlton’s fifth Rising Star nomination for 2017.
Curnow kicked two goals from 19 possessions in the Blues’ narrow loss to Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday.
He joins fellow Carlton youngsters Caleb Marchbank, Sam Petrevki-Seton, David Cunningham and Jack Silvagni in being eligible for the Ron Evans Medal.
Selected with pick no.12 in the 2015 National Draft from the Geelong Falcons in the TAC Cup, Curnow has played 14 goals and kicked 10 goals in 2017 after a knee injury limited to just six games in 2016.
2017 RISING STAR NOMINEES
- Round 1: Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide)
- Round 2: Ryan Burton (Hawthorn)
- Round 3: Brandan Parfitt (Geelong)
- Round 4: Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
- Round 5: Eric Hipwood (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 6: Caleb Marchbank (Carlton)
- Round 7: Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton)
- Round 8: Tim Taranto (GWS Giants)
- Round 9: Tom Phillips (Collingwood)
- Round 10: Wayne Milera (Adelaide)
- Round 11: Dan Butler (Richmond)
- Round 12: David Cunningham (Carlton)
- Round 13: Jack Silvagni (Carlton)
- Round 14: Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 15: Blake Hardwick (Hawthorn)
- Round 16: Charlie Curnow (Carlton)