Local News

Child Narrowly Escapes Murray Bridge House Fire

bar heater

A young child is lucky to be alive after a bar heater left too close to bedding caught alight in Murray Bridge this morning.

The child’s parents were asleep in another room of the Kelly Ave unit, when smoke alarms woke them just after 3:30am.

They managed to grab their child from the burning room before making it outside.

20 fire fighters controlled the blaze in 20 minutes, saving a neighbouring unit. The fire has caused around $120,000 damage with fire crews reminding everyone not to leave portable heaters unattended or switched on while you’re sleeping.