Local News

Cigarette Causes Fire At Goolwa Beach

512px-Smoke_detector.JPG

A woman has had a lucky escape overnight after a cigarette caused a fire at her Goolwa Beach home.

She was woken just after 2am Wednesday by the home’s smoke alarms and managed to get out of the building, fire crews finding the front of the home well alight.

They managed to contain the flames within 30 mins of arriving at the scene, stopping it from spreading to the rest of the house.

The fire has left a $150,000 damage bill with the woman taken to hospital for observation.

 

Image: By Tumi-1983 (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons