Local News

Woman & Four Children Escape Langhorne Creek Fire

wood heater.jpg

A woman and her four children are lucky they had working smoke alarms, after their heater caused a fire that gutted their Angus Plains home overnight.

CFS crews were called to the Davidson Rd property near Langhorne Creek around 11:30pm Thursday night, finding the single story home well alight.

They worked for an hour to save the home but it was gutted, leaving a damage bill of between $300,000 and $360,000.

It’s believed the fire was started by a slow combustion heater.

 

Image: flickr